My sabbatical is winding down. How did that happen? Seems like just yesterday I was trying to find the focus for sitting, reading, writing, submitting. Somehow I did it. I give Jen Mitchell lots of credit. She got me out of the house and into various coffee shops and libraries that have Wifi and let us park our butts and computers for several hours at a time. Jen’s kept me on track 🙂
And earlier this week I got an acceptance from Palaver Journal. Two months to the day. I have one more essay to finish then I’ll have 5 out there. Not bad for a semester. Here’s the list:
- “Divorce Education” – rejected by 4; accepted by one
- “Addicted” – rejected by 1; waiting on 9 others
- “Fanning the Flame” – rejected by 2; waiting on 6
- “Why Al-Anon?” – waiting on 2 Al-Anon Family Groups publications
- “Colleague” – will submit by mid December
I also submitted a scholarly article, “Knitting into 21st Century America” to the Journal of Popular Culture.
My blog has languished but I hope to re-boot it over the holidays.