Henry now has 7:
- Tramadol – 150 mg 3 times/day (narcotic for pain)
- Gabapentin – 300 mg 3 times/day (anti-convulsant for nerve pain)
- Novox – 50 mg 2 times/day (NSAID for pain)
- Metronidazole – 250 mg 2 times/day (antibiotic for diarrhea)
- Omeprazole – 20 mg 1 time/day (proton-pump inhibitor for reflux)
- Diphenhydramine – 50 mg 1 time/day (antihistamine for allergic reactions)
- Entederm – applied 3 times/day (anti-inflammatory, anti-itch, antibiotic, anti-fungal ointment for bedsore acquired while being kenneled)
How much more can he take? How much more can we administer? Marking time now.
Henry had a mast cell tumor removed from his ear on December 13, 2013. We found out later that it was malignant. Our vet explained that we had a couple of options: remove the ear, in order to prevent recurrence, or leave it and see what happens. He also referred us to an oncologist in SLC. We took Henry there on January 2, 2014. They gave us a 50/50 chance for the mast cell tumor to return if we did nothing. Two and half years later, I believe it’s returned and spread to other parts of his body: Mastocytosis.